Thursday, September 4, 2014

What this blog will be about

This blog will be about my journey with my mom and her diagnosis of dementia. I hope to help others and bring more awareness to this disease.  I want to help on every level, as far as getting them ready to move into a nursing home, getting yourself ready to move them.

So many things go through my  head that I want to tell others that will hopefully make things easier. Some thing may seem silly and some may seem well "duh", but since I made almost all decisions on my own I didn't always know what to do. 

I will post videos and pictures of my mom that show the horrible decline of this disease.  Some of these I didn't want to share on FB because it was just too much. 

Please ask me any questions, as it is my goal to help anyway I can.

I will not post legal or medical advice as I am not a lawyer or doctor.  I will only tell you what I did. What I chose to do for my mom may not be the best for your situation.

I hope you will take the time to read what I have to share.



2 comments:

  1. Ok, trying again. Hope this is not a repeat. My mom is 89. Has had dementia a few yrs, but my dad was covering up a lot of it. He died at 91 2 yrs ago. We realized mom couldn't be alone.,we put her in assisted living almost 2 ya ago. This May, my sister and I decided to put her in the dementia unit on the assisted living grounds. She has calmed down so much. They tell me it's because she doesn't have to make decisions. When and how to get to meals, what to eat, what to wear and how to get clothes on.it was a hard decision, but she is more content with her life now or more accepting. I would like to follow your journey. Hopefully I can figure out how, having never followed a blog before. Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got more calm too after I moved her into a nursing home. She was hallucinating a lot, not eating much, not even watching TV. Once she got in nursing home she ate better, had other people to interact with, slept better, etc.
    Thank you so much for you comment. And yes you posted right! lol

    ReplyDelete